Meta’s 2022 report reveals that there are an estimated 1 million users whose accounts got hacked. Those unauthentic users hack people’s accounts by using malicious apps. Half of American adults had lost their personal information on Facebook.
Nowadays, increase connectivity comes with risk. The risk of accounts security breaches. FB account hacked how to recover? If you are hanged in such an unfortunate situation it is crucial to take measurable actions at your earliest convenience and act swiftly to recover your account in order to protect your personal information. Therefore, these security breaches put your social media, identity, and finances at risk.
Warning Signs! Your Account is At Risk
- Inability to sign in to the account.
- Receive “password reset” mail without attempting to get one.
- Notable changes on your Facebook profile.
- Unknown people receiving send requests from you.
- Unwanted posts and comments that you have never made.
- Changes in your profile information like name, birthday, address, contact number, etc.
These are the most common signs one should consider if they suspect their account is being hacked.
Do you Still Have Access? Secure Your Account
Find yourself lucky, if you still have access to your account. Now you are advised to secure your account to prevent further damage and unauthorized access. To do so consider these:
- Change Password: The four most things should be changing your account password. This will restrict hackers. Make sure to create a new password that is strong and unique. Your unique password must contain a combination of uppercase or lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): By activating 2FA your account is secured with an extra layer of security. With it, while logging in you need to provide a secondary verification code in addition to your password.
- Revoke Unauthorized Access: This can be achieved by reviewing the list of devices and app that is connected to your account. If you found something suspicious there, simply remove those unrecognized devices or apps that have gained access without your knowledge.
- Lock your profile: By locking your profile you can restrict users from viewing your account. This is a novel approach to prevent hacking and enhance security.
Reporting the Hacked Account Does the Trick
If you are someone whose account got hacked then you should report that account to the Facebook support team. Here are the steps for the same:
- Step 1: Launch the Facebook app and visit the Facebook help center.
- Step 2: Go through the “hacked and fake accounts”. There you can find necessary information and resources related to that hacked account.
- Step 3: Then click on “my account is compromised” option. This will direct you to the form for reporting.
- Step 4: On the following page, follow the ongoing instructions and report the hacked account. There you are asked to provide information like email address, phone number, and a details summary of what happened.
- Step 5: verify your identity by submitting identification documents like a passport or driver’s license.
- Step 6: Wait until you receive the Facebook support team’s response. Once they respond, communicate with them, and they will guide you throughout for the recovery process.
Further Security Measures
Once you have recovered your hacked account by following the directions from the Facebook support team. Your next step would be to take further security measures. Those are:
- Strong password: Creating a strong password helps a lot not only for your Facebook account but for other social media handles. You should avoid using guessable details like your name birthday phone number, etc.
- Update Security Software: The next fruitful measure should be keeping your device protected by updating the anti-virus and anti-malware software. Consequently, this will prevent malware attacks that can be hazardously impactful.
- Beware of Phishing Attempts: Any kind of attack can be attempted at any point in time, so you have to be vigilant and cautious. Refrain from clicking on suspicious links and avoid providing personal information to unknown sources.
- Regularly Monitoring: Regular monitoring enables you to keep an eye on your account activity. One should review their posts, friends, and privacy settings from time to time.
Facebook account hacked and password changed, it could be stressful because your data finance acceptor is at risk. But, Facebook is designed to cater to its user’s problems. Worry less, because you can regain access to your account by following this guide. Additionally, one should always recognize the warning signs, and secure their account with strong passwords, two-factor authentication, locking the profile, and revoking unauthorized access.
Implement these measures mentioned above and don’t let hackers take control of your Facebook account and save your digital presence eventually.